AWEL - GM121 End anchor wand
- ◥ Hand held portable anchorage connector that automatically locks into top hole of steel corner
castings on shipping containers, or into deck castings on container ships.
- ◥ Must be used with a self-retracting lifeline rated at a maximum arrest force of 6kN or less
- ◥ Rated for one person tie-off
- ◥ Releases from locked position by squeezing handle
- ◥ Lightweight and portable
- ◥ User friendly
- ◥ colour coded - safety yellow, red and orange model dependent
- ◥ Stainless steel swivel tie-off plate
- ◥ All alloy construction and powder coated
- ◥ Portable
- ◥ Tested to 10kN
Shipping containers are locked together by twist locks located at the corner casting of the container. The height of stacked containers, either on board ship or on dry land, present hazards for personnel moving on the stacked containers, or working on ship decks adjacent to open hatch covers. Checkmate addresses safety issues in this work environment through its Container Top Lock and End Lock Anchor Wands.
Standards: EN795 Class B