Are you a step above the rest?
Checkmate are looking for an HR Advisor.
HR Advisor Job Purpose:
The purpose of the role is to provide all generalist HR support to the business. This end to end role will include recruitment and resourcing, HR administration and Employee Relation queries, and will deliver a high level of operational advice that is consistent with the company values and legal requirements.
- Developing and implementing a HR Cultural Policy
- Working closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
- liaising with Managers in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Working with current policies and our Appraised system on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Maintaining employee records
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Computer literate – Word and Excel
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- The ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law
- Integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you.
- Ability to challenge organisational culture where necessary.
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies.
- Previous experience within HR Administration - Experience of researching, writing and implementing HR policies
- Sound academic record (at least to A-level, or equivalent, level)
Preferable but not essential: Part or full CIPD qualified
Hours: 20 hours per week. Days and times can be flexible.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience £18 - 25K per annum, pro rata