7th November 2019
The Beautiful South
Checkmate are looking for someone who can build lasting client relationships, explore new market landscapes, create monumental sales opportunities and doesn’t mind travelling around the beautiful south of England.
Checkmate Lifting and Safety is part of the Pure Safety Group (PSG). PSG is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of fall protection equipment, created to service the broadest range of individuals working at height.
To achieve our ambition of continued growth, we are seeking a tenacious sales professional with a significant successful track record in the fall protection, height safety or related technical sectors.
About the Role
As the Southern Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded within your designated sales area or territory and across the full PSG range of products and services.
Your role will be to develop close relationships with major accounts, to grow business organically and find new business.
Key Duties Include:
- Fostering relationships with current clients and exploring routes to extend the PSG offering.
- Finding new customers and constantly expanding the business.
- Monitoring sales data and keeping up to date with current market trends/customer needs.
- Monitor sales and profit for each account.
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with decision makers.
- Undertake sales and product presentations for clients.
- Ensuring all activity is promptly and accurately recorded, with experience of sales reporting.
Requirements for the role:
- Successful track record in sales, ideally in fall protection, essentially in safety equipment or similar technical sector.
- As there is potential for the role to develop a European scope, preference will be given to applicants proficient in a major European language.
- Passionate about fall protection and excited by an innovating product offering.
- Good technical background and/or qualification.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Proven record of effectively meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Although the applicant can be based in any location from which it is feasible to travel to the allocated region, regular travel to our UK head office in Sheerness, Kent will be required. Travel to locations within and outside the allocated region, including overnight stays and occasional international travel, will be part and parcel of this role hence a full driving license and valid passport are paramount.
- Competitive rewards.
- Company vehicle, laptop and phone.
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays) rising by one day per completed year of service up to 33 days (including public holidays).
- Health care scheme.
If you’re interested, and we hope you are, please call Checkmate HR on 01795 580333 (option 4) for more information or send us your CV to apply, clearly stating your salary expectations and the extent to which you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com