FABX2 Heavyweight Leading Edge - Self-Retracting Lifeline
FABX2 Offshore - Self-Retracting Lifeline
Checkmate FABX2 OS Offshore Self-Retracting Lifeline is designed to be used in harsh environments where it may be permanently installed. It is comprised entirely of materials with an offshore corrosion protection. Can form part of a full safe transfer system including a ladder davit and a permanent tag line. The FABX2-OS is available with stainless steel cable, or Dyneema® fibre rope in lengths up to 18m (60ft).
Checkmate FABX2 OS Offshore Self-Retracting Lifelines provide extreme confidence by utilising superior technology and craftsmanship in each unit to ensure that the user has maximum safety while working at height. The computer-calibrated and serialised digital braking technology is unparalleled, with each brake’s torque setting being individually set for optimum performance. The locking mechanism is designed to prevent nuisance lockups for increased productivity and automatically engages in the event of a fall while simultaneously activating an impact indicator to verify a fall has occurred.
The FABX2 OS tough clear polymer housing allows visual inspection of the enclosed mechanical assembly without the need for removal of the block from its housing. The unique shape of the lightweight thermoplastic housing provides an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio for ease of installation. This combination of high performance materials and a fully engineered design keeps the FABX2 OS both lightweight and durable.
- Anchorage Connection Allows for direct connection to davit or use of a standard karabiner.
- Fibre Rope Made with Dyneema®; 5mm, minimum breaking load 27kN
- Stainless Steel Wire Rope 5mm dia 7 x 19 minimum breaking load 15kN
Capacity Made with Dyneema®; 18m
Stainless Steel, 15m
Maximum Arresting Force (6kN) Rope made with Dyneema® = 3.5kN (nom)
Wire rope = 4.5kN (nom)
- Total Arrest Distance 2m maximum
- User Weight 136Kg maximum
- EN 360
- AS/NZS 1891.3.1997
- ANSI Z359.14:2012 Class B
- Dyneema® and Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™ are trademarks of DSM. Use of these trademarks is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
- Drum Polyamide 6 glass filled
- Chassis Stainless Steel, electro-polished
- Pawls Stainless Steel, hardened
- Pawl Plate T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- Pawl Spindles & Spring Stainless Steel
- Housing PC/ABS
- Ratchet T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- Bearings Polyamide with PTFE
- Shaft T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- Swivel Hook Or Eye Stainless Steel rated to 23kN
Brake Pawls & Plate
Manufactured from T6 aluminium alloy and hard anodised, this plate retains the hardened stainless pawls and spindles.
The clear housing allows visual inspection of the enclosed mechanical assembly without the need for removal of the block from its housing.
Sealed Brake Module
The brake module is a stainless/alloy unit which can be easily replaced after a fall, the “O” rings provide a seal from dust and water ingress.
Load Bearing Chassis
The internal stainless steel chassis provides a structural metallic core beneath the external protective housing.
Thermally insulated protective hood
The optional hood protects the blocks exterior and regulates extreme changes in temperature reducing condensation build up, and protection from bird lime.
Stainless Steel Load Indicating Swivel Hook
Supplied with a marine grade stainless steel load indicating swivel hook as standard, or a marine grade stainless steel load indicating swivel eye (MoQ’s apply).
Optional made to order davit extends the block above the top rung.