FABX2 Heavyweight Leading Edge - Self-Retracting Lifeline
FABX2 - Self-Retracting Lifeline
The FABX2 Self-Retracting Lifeline is available with galvanised or stainless steel cable, or Dyneema® fibre rope/ webbing in lengths up to 18m (60ft).
Checkmate FABX2 Self-Retracting Lifelines provide extreme confidence by utilising superior technology and craftsmanship in each unit to ensure that the user has maximum safety while working at height. The computer-calibrated and serialised digital braking technology is unparalleled, with each brake’s torque setting being individually set for optimum performance. The locking mechanism is designed to prevent nuisance lockups for increased productivity and automatically engages in the event of a fall while simultaneously activating an impact indicator to verify a fall has occurred.
The FABX2 housing is made of a tough polymer with recessed areas and smooth contours to protect labels and reduce size without compromising functionality. The unique shape of the lightweight thermoplastic housing provides an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio for ease of installation. This combination of high performance materials and a fully engineered design keeps the FABX2 both lightweight and durable.
- Galvanised Steel Wire Rope 4.8mm dia. 19 x 7 minimum breaking load 15kN
- Stainless Steel Wire Rope 5mm dia. 19 x 7 minimum breaking load 15kN
- Webbing Webbing made with Dyneema®; 20.5mm x 1.4mm minimum breaking load: 22kN
- Fibre Rope Fibre rope made with Dyneema®; 5mm dia. minimum breaking load: 27kN
Fibre Rope: 20m(66ft)
Maximum Arresting force 6kN (EN)
- User Weight 59-141kg (130-310lbs)
- EN 360
- AS/NZS 1891.3.1997 [EN]
- ANSI Z359.14:2012 Class B
- OSHA 1910 &1926
- Dyneema® and Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™ are trademarks of DSM. Use of these trademarks is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
- External Housings PC/ABS High strength and rigidity UV stabilised
- Drum Polyamide 6 Glass Filled
- Chassis Hot Rolled Steel, zinc-plated black
- Pawl Plate & Ratchet T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- Pawls & Spindles Stainless Steel, hardened
- Bearings Polyamide with PTFE polytetrafluoroethene
- Shaft T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- All Fixings Stainless Steel
- Swivel Hook T6 Aluminium alloy with integrated fall indicator, MBS: 28kN
Independent Brake Pawls
The two Pawls work independently of one another, this ensures a “fail safe” capability if one should stop working.
Load Bearing Steel Chassis
The internal hot rolled steel chassis provides a structural metallic core beneath the external protective housing.
BCS Brush Cleaning System
The entry aperture has a pair of opposing brushes to minimise take up of debris into the device.
Carry Handle Attachments
Optional shoulder strap and carrying handle are available which can be easily fitted by the user.
Sealed Brake Module
The Brake Module is sealed by the use of “O” rings which stops water or dust ingress affecting the brakes efficiency.
Load Indicator Hook
The swivel hook includes a fall indicator, which clearly shows if the device has been subjected to a shock load.