FABX2 Heavyweight Leading Edge - Self-Retracting Lifeline
FABX Large - Self-Retracting Lifeline
The FABX-L Large Leading Edge Self-Retracting Lifeline offers all the same benefits as the standard FABX SRL, lightweight handling, excellent serviceability and exceptional performance with the addition of an increased lifeline capacity. The FABX-L is available with galvanised or stainless steel cable, or Dyneema® fibre rope/ webbing in lengths up to 40m (130ft).
The FABX-L Large Leading Edge Self-Retracting Lifelines (SRLs) provide extreme confidence by utilising superior technology and craftsmanship in each unit to ensure that the user has maximum safety while working at height. The computer-calibrated and serialised digital braking technology is unparalleled, with each brake’s torque setting being individually set for optimum performance. The locking mechanism is designed to prevent nuisance lockups for increased productivity and automatically engages in the event of a fall while simultaneously activating an impact indicator to verify a fall has occurred.
The FABX-L housing is made of a tough polymer with recessed areas and smooth contours to protect labels and reduce size without compromising functionality. The unique shape of the lightweight thermoplastic housing provides an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio for ease of installation. This combination of high performance materials and a fully engineered design keeps the FABX-L both lightweight and durable.
Capacity Stainless Steel max 35m (115ft)
Galvanised Steel max 40m (130ft)
Fibre rope made with Dyneema®; max 40m (130ft)
- Galvanised Wire Rope 4.8mm nom dia. 19 x 7 minimum breaking load 15kN
- Stainless Steel Wire Rope 5mm dia. 19 x 7 minimum breaking load 15kN
- Webbing Webbing made with Dyneema®; 20.5mm x 1.4mm minimum breaking load: 22kN
- Fibre rope Made with Dyneema®; 5mm dia. minimum breaking load 27kN
Maximum Arresting Force 6kN (EN)
- User Weight 59-141kg (130-310lbs)
- EN 360
- ANSI Z359.14:2012
- Dyneema® and Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™ are trademarks of DSM. Use of these trademarks is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
- External Housings PC/ABS High strength and rigidity UV stabilised
- Shaft T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- Chassis Hot Rolled Steel, powder coated
- Pawls & Spindles Stainless Steel, hardened
- Bearings Polyamide with PTFE polytetrafluoroethene
- Swivel Load Indicating Hook T6 Aluminium alloy with integrated fall indicator, MBS: 28kN
Independent Brake Pawls
The two Pawls work independently of one another, this ensures a “fail safe” capability if one should stop working.
Load Bearing Steel Chassis
The internal hot rolled steel chassis provides a structural metallic core beneath the external protective housing.
The durable PC/ABS housing provides protection to the mechanical assembly inside and also enable the FABX range to be among the lightest in their class.
Dual Spring Assembly
Dual springs ensure reliable recoil and even distribution of power.
Sealed Brake Module
The Brake Module is sealed by the use of “O” rings which stops water or dust ingress affecting the brakes efficiency.
Load Indicator Hook
The swivel hook includes a fall indicator, which clearly shows if the device has been subjected to a shock load.