FABX2 Heavyweight Leading Edge - Self-Retracting Lifeline
FABX2 Recovery - Self-Retracting Lifeline
The FABX2-R Recovery Self-Retracting Lifeline offers all the same benefits as the standard FABX2, lightweight handling, excellent serviceability and exceptional performance with the addition of a rewind/rescue mechanism which can be engaged to raise and/or lower a worker in the event of a fall. The FABX2-R is available with galvanised or stainless steel cable, or Dyneema® fibre rope in lengths up to 18m (60ft).
Checkmate FABX2-R Self-Retracting Lifelines (SRLs) provide extreme confidence by utilising superior technology and craftsmanship in each unit to ensure that the user has maximum safety while working at height. The computer-calibrated and serialised digital braking technology is unparalleled, with each brake’s torque setting being individually set for optimum performance. The locking mechanism is designed to prevent nuisance lockups for increased productivity and automatically engages in the event of a fall while simultaneously activating an impact indicator to verify a fall has occurred.
The FABX2-R housing is made of a tough polymer with recessed areas and smooth contours to protect labels and reduce size without compromising functionality. The unique shape of the lightweight thermoplastic housing provides an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio for ease of installation. This combination of high performance materials and a fully engineered design keeps the FABX2-R both lightweight and durable.
The FABX2-R functions as a standard self-retracting lifeline, but in the event of a fall, the rewind/rescue mechanism can be engaged to raise and/or lower a fallen worker.
- Capacity Up to 18 m (60ft) [NB Stainless Steel option is 15m (50ft)]
- Galvanised Wire Rope [FABX2R C] 3/16” (4.8mm) diameter
- Stainless steel wire rope [FABX2R CS] 13/64” (5mm) diameter
- Fibre rope [FABX2R F] Made with Dyneema®; 13/64” (5mm) diameter
- User Weight 310lbs (141kg) Maximum
- EN 360
- ANSI Z359.14:2012 Class B
- ANSI A10.32-2012
- EN 1496 A/B
- OSHA 1910 & OSHA 1926 Subpart M
- Dyneema® and Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™ are trademarks of DSM. Use of these trademarks is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
- External Housings PC/ABS High strength and rigidity UV stabilised
- Chassis Hot Rolled Steel, zinc-plated black
- Pawls Stainless steel, hardened
- Shaft T6 Aluminium Alloy, hard anodised
- Swivel Load Indicating Hook T6 Aluminium alloy or steel with integrated fall indicator
Engageable Gear Mechanism
For emergency rescue or recovery the gear mechanism can be engaged to enable the winch function.
The entry aperture has a pair of opposing brushes to minimise take up of debris into the device. Winch function works in both directions to raise and lower without any need to switch mechanism.
Rip off security tag to show if the rescue function has been engaged therefore a service/inspection will be required.
Fall Arrest Indicator Swivel
The swivel hook includes a fall indicator, which clearly shows if the device has been subjected to a shock load.
The majority of components are common to the standard FABX range.
Attaches to a Checkmate TR3 tripod by means of a FABXR-DB bracket and two detent pins.