MAX 300 - descender
MAX 150 - descender
The MAX Descender is the most versatile constant rate descender on the market today and is packed full of innovative features. Models are available for both automatic hands free operation and multiple descent models with advanced rescue functionality, as well as power assisted option (separate Checkmate approved drill required).
MAX-150 models are single user devices, with a maximum all up user weight of 330lbs(150kg). The device is designed to be used attached to the anchor point in regular mode of operation, or in an inverted mode, attached to the user and/or casualty. The device is completely symmetrical, allowing full use of all functions regardless of the direction the MAX is running. This also gives full functionality for each multiple descent or rescue.
- Anchorage Connection Steel twist lock captive karabiner as standard. Other connectors available
- Rope 0.37”/9.5mm EN1891 Class A (150 models)
- Descent Height Max 200 metres/656 feet
- Descent Energy Class A (7.5 x 106J)
- User Weight Single user - Total 150kg/330lbs (150 models)
- Body, Plates and Pulley Aerospace grade hard anodised aluminium
- Handle Polypropylene based technopolymer
- Rope Polyamide kernmantle rope
- Rope Guides and Anchorage Connection 316 stainless steel
- EN1496:2006 Class A
- ANSI Z359.4 2013
- OSHA 1926 Subpart M
Rope lock off
Non-mechanical lock off forms part of the housing on both sides for use in rescue mode. (MAXR/ PR only)
Integrated rope guides
Machined in guides add varying levels of friction as necessary for operator controlled descent. (MAX-R/PR only)
Stainless steel wear points
Low-wear guides on main wear points enhances the life of the device, and are also changeable at time of service.
Sealed brake chamber
The sealed brake chamber with a breathable vent allows air to enter and cool the brake whilst stopping moisture from entering.
GORE protective vent
The integrated GORE vent prevents the ingress of moisture, particulates and other contaminants whilst allowing the brake to breathe and vent heat.
Captive fittings available
MAX top anchorage enables fast change out of captive top connectors at time of service.
Raising mechanism for rescue
The R/PR models have a rotating wheel handle for raising a casualty a short distance as part of a rescue.
Product Dimensions & Features
- 1. Revolving handle for rescue Rotating wheel for raising a casualty a short distance during a rescue.
- 2. Heat dissipating fins Cooling fins are an integral part of the housing and remove heat built up during a descent.
- 3. Lock-off points Non-mechanical integrated lock-off point (both sides) for use during remote or direct rescue.
- 4.Anchorage connection point As standard comes with steel twist lock karabiner. Also available without connector for use with standard karabiners, or with a range of alternative fittings to suit specific environments.
- 5. Rope friction points For operator controlled descents (both sides).
- 6. Assisted recovery attachment Attachment for power assisted recoveries. (MAX-PR models only)
- 7. Durable wear points Replaceable wear points for extended life and increased durability.